PYD-Survival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spout! PLEASE READ!

3 posters

Go down

Spout! PLEASE READ! Empty Spout! PLEASE READ!

Post  Parker_yadigg Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:52 am

Bukkit is quickly changing directions with the new MC addon called "Spout." Formally known as Bukkit-Contrib, Spout is a server tool that allows for more detailed coding and acts as a bridge between single player to bukkit. What does this mean? It means servers can add custom sounds, music, menus, texture packs, and SINGLE PLAYER STYLE MODS such as Mo Creatures, Aether, and more. The plugins coming out for Spout are incredible and soon every server will be using this. SO! What does this mean for the players? You will need to eventually download Spout client-mod. We currently don't require it on our server, but it is available and you do get extras when you use it. Spout is VERY EASY TO GET! How easy? Just click this link:

http://minedev.net/BukkitContrib/Spoutcraft.jar

This will download Spout.

How to use: Simply place it somewhere on your computer and double-click. It is just like your MC client, it will allow you to log in (It is SAFE!) to minecraft and play.

Still having trouble getting it to work? Read this: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/dev-spout-1-0-1-unleashing-the-flow-of-endless-possibilities-1000.29259/page-2#post-533304

When you double-click Spoutcraft.jar, it should run normally like MC would. If this does not work for you, you can either download java 7 or make a .bat to run it. Here are EASY instructions on how to make a .bat to run it:
Make a folder on your desktop called Spout. Place the "Spoutcraft.jar" inside this folder.
Now, right-click in the folder, go to New-> and choose TextDocument . Name it RunSpout.bat
Now, paste this inside:
Code:
java -jar Spoutcraft.jar
pause
Mac users, do the same thing, just remove the "pause" line.
Now, click save as; Drag the save type to "All Files" and THEN change the name to StartSpout.bat -Do it in that order, exactly how I said it. Otherwise, it will NOT work and make the batch file. Now double-click the StartSpout.bat that you just made and it will run. If not, you did it wrong. Redo the steps, and make sure you do it step by step, in order, exactly what it says.

HOW TO ADD YOUR OWN CAPE!
Simply download the cape below, edit it how you would like. The left side is what shows, the right side is the under-side of the cape and generally does not show.
THEN, upload it to http://tinypic.com/ and message me the "Direct Link for Layouts." Msg either on skype or on here,

Spout! PLEASE READ! Alta189

Soon most all servers will REQUIRE that you have this, so I recommend getting it now. Besides, our server already uses it and you can use the new features if you have it!

Last edited by Parker_yadigg on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:58 pm; edited 3 times in total

Parker_yadigg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Spout! PLEASE READ! Empty Wait

Post  TheSniper997 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:45 am

with this i merely get a jar file that cannot be opened and i must now ask, if i have a mod of sorts will this affect the download?

TheSniper997

Back to top Go down

Spout! PLEASE READ! Empty Re: Spout! PLEASE READ!

Post  GalacticParadox Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:59 am

TheSniper997 wrote:with this i merely get a jar file that cannot be opened and i must now ask, if i have a mod of sorts will this affect the download?
Right click the .jar and open it with java... and no I don't believe your mods will be affected.
GalacticParadox
GalacticParadox

Back to top Go down

Spout! PLEASE READ! Empty Re: Spout! PLEASE READ!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down