PYD-Survival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft 1.8 **READ ME**

+2
jacob1715
Parker_yadigg
6 posters

Go down

Minecraft 1.8 **READ ME** Empty Minecraft 1.8 **READ ME**

Post  Parker_yadigg Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:37 am

Read this WHOLE thread!

The tentative release date is September 12th (It was pushed back again). Expect the update Thursday or Friday during the morning.

How will 1.8 affect the server? The map!!

We WILL be making a new map. DON'T CRY YET! CALM DOWN!
In order to provide you the easiest switch, we will keep the old map up for a week, and allow passage back and forth between the two. Don't freak, you will have plenty of time to get your homes and cities in order. We will most likely be able to copy / paste as well, and can help you move if we have enough time.

WHY!? WHY!?
If we do not make a new map, we will get NO new map changes. Like: rives, caverns, temples, crevices, and more.

Your money, stats, inventories, all that good stuff, WILL be saved. You are not starting over, just moving to a new place.

This will be a fun new change, and will allow for plenty of CLEAN room for you to build in.

BUT WAIT, THERE IS MORE!
Bukkit will take a few hours - a couple days to update. What does this mean? This means that the server WILL NOT be 1.8 compatible for a little while. Could be 3 or 4 hours, could be 2 days, it all depends on Bukkit. So, what will we do about this?
In simple terms, you have 2 choices. You can either update your MC to 1.8 when it asks you so that you can play single player, OR you can choose to not update so that you can play online. All servers will be staying at 1.7 so you might as well not update; it will only be a few hours or a day that you will have to wait. I personally will not be updating to 1.8 until the server is ready.

So once again, don't panic. Everything will be fine. I will be doing more work than all of you, and you don't need to worry about the server or your things. It may be buggy, we will deal with it as it comes. Lets make this an easy switch and BE PREPARED EARLY IF YOU WANT TO GET A GOOD SPOT! Laughing

Trailer

Trailer Behind the scenes *Shows more features*

The new and already infamous new mob: The Enderman!

Notch plays single player: Shows lots of features! No-lag day / night switch Smile

Last edited by Parker_yadigg on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:43 pm; edited 4 times in total

Parker_yadigg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Minecraft 1.8 **READ ME** Empty Re: Minecraft 1.8 **READ ME**

Post  jacob1715 Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:44 am

Jacob was here and I read this bitch.
jacob1715
jacob1715

Back to top Go down

Minecraft 1.8 **READ ME** Empty me first :)

Post  TWEEDAMAN Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:03 pm

Tweed calls a spot!

TWEEDAMAN

Back to top Go down

Minecraft 1.8 **READ ME** Empty Shops?

Post  mega_cheddar Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:52 pm

Will we have to move shop items to the new world? Or does the server do it automatically?
mega_cheddar
mega_cheddar

Back to top Go down

Minecraft 1.8 **READ ME** Empty YAYAYYAYYAYAYYA

Post  danielcwr Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:05 pm

MINECRAFT 1.8 IS FINNALY OUT!!
danielcwr
danielcwr

Back to top Go down

Post  ficarra1002 Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:41 am

Has the old world been removed yet, because I have quite a bit of stuff in chests.

ficarra1002

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down